Tuesday, February 18, 2014

SMITTEN BOOK CLUB

     This is a bitter sweet review.  I fell in love with the Smitten series written by Christian Authors: Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Denise Hunter & Diann Hunt.  I could not wait for the third book in this series to be available.  I normally do not pay full price for ebooks, but I went ahead and bought this one and it was awesome as well as the other two in the series.  This is by far my favorite chic lit series.

     This setting for this book is Smitten, Vermont a town that fell on hard times, but that a town and community pulled together and made it come alive again using tourism.   It was stories of love, loss of a spouse and finding love again even after the loss.   It was story of mistrust and learning to trust again in the midst of all that happens.   It is a mystery woven in there along with the story that adds its own flair!  It is also a story of great friendships between the ladies in the story too.

    It is amazing how I am not a big fan of multiple writers for a single book, because their styles are different and the stories tend not to flow.   But this is totally different, because the book is not just a book about friends, loss and finding love for the first time or the second time around.  It is a reflection and speaks of the relationship between Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Denise Hunter and Diann Hunt.   Sadly on 11/29/13 Diann Hunt lost her battle with Ovarian Cancer her writings will be missed by her fans, but she will be missed by her family and friends.

    I am looking forward to reading more from these ladies both individually and collectively.  I am always looking for new authors to explore and yes I will be reading some if not all of Diann Hunt's books.   



God Bless,

Tia