Saturday, April 25, 2015

WHAT IS ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?

Do you have a bucket list yet?  Do you have a list of places you want to go?  Things you want to do?  If you do, what is holding you back from fulfilling your list.

I must be honest with you that for a long time I have had one thing that I wanted to do and it has been to attend the Alabama Book Festival in Old Alabama Town Downtown Montgomery.  I must say the weather never cooperated (it was either too cold or just a stormy day) or I just plain forgot about it.

So, this year I decided I was going to go anyway.  I marked the date and watched the weather hoping for a great day.  So, I grabbed a buddy and we went to the Book Festival.  I must say that it was an exciting day for me.  I was in my element.  I so much enjoyed just taking my time looking at the different books that were available and just chatting with the authors too.  It was so interesting to read about them get their material and hear their stories.  It afforded me the opportunity to see what writers were interested in and surprisingly there were a few Christian authors sprinkled in the mix too.

The highlight of the day was hearing Rick Bragg speak and actually being able to ask a question and getting it answered was neat too.  Also, I did purchase one of his books and got his autograph too.   I am super excited about going again next year and really see what happens next year.  Who knows what my future holds.



God bless,

Tia Johnson