Sunday, August 16, 2015

TWO YEAR BLOG ANNIVERSARY AND A NEW DIRECTION

     WOW!  It is hard to believe that two years has passed since I began this journey.   All I can say it has been an incredible journey for me.

     It has been a journey of discovery and challenges for me.  I have discovered "new" and "new to me" authors.  I have discovered Historical Fiction as a "new to me" genre only to find that the one genre that I ignored has increasingly became my favorite.  This journey has challenged me and stretched me beyond all that I could ever imagine.

     My blogging took on a whole new dimension for me this summer when I was chosen as an INSPYs Award Judge in the General Fiction category.  It was a pleasure serving and it was exciting to see how many different opinions we had and enjoyed the discussion to arrive at an unanimous decision.  It was a challenge and I throughly enjoyed it and have enjoyed my reading journey.

     I have enjoyed reading, reviewing and blogging for all the books that I have done.  The one thing I have noticed is that my TBR (To Be Read) pile is not getting any smaller and so I will be doing limited blog tours and posting giveaways and promoting books, but I am wanting to devote more time to "me" reading and writing reviews on what I am reading.   I am also in a Ladies Book Club that meets once a month and when I can't read the books that we are reading due to deadlines and having to review a book I feel like I am missing out on things.

     

God Bless,

Tia Johnson